Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Our DC Trip- Day 4

Slowly, but surely, I'll get all of these DC pictures posted.  Day 4 in DC, we woke up really early and headed downtown to meet my dad at the White House. We had to wait a bit because they had Derek's birthday wrong in the system.  But, after a background check, we were clear to go.  Wt was cool to be in the White House and see all of the fancy rooms where the Presidents have entertained.  I loved the ballroom.  And, it was also neat to look at the many photos displayed from the current and past presidents.  We couldn't take any pictures on the tour, so none to share but here is one of us outside of it.

After the White House tour, we loaded up in my dads jeep and went to Arlington National Cemetery. Our family laid a wreath on the tomb of the unknown soldier.  It was very moving and emotional for both me and Derek. Barrett stood very still and we were proud of his soldierlike behavior.

The changing of the guard 
 Our family placing our wreath in front of the tomb of the Unknown Soldier
 Listening to Taps being played.  There is nothing like that sound.
 The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier


 The tomb is guarded 24 hours a day

 Barrett being a soldier.  I'd never seen him so quiet and still
 More soldiers

 Arlington Cemetery
 B & B in front of our condo
 After visiting Arlington Cemetery, we headed back to our condo to change clothes to go to the 
National Zoo. It was a great zoo.  The highlights were seeing the pandas, gorillas, lions and tigers.  

In front of the National Zoo


We loved seeing the cute pandas

Gorillas
Lions

 Derek and Brooklyn looking at the tigers
Barrett in front of the lions

 After the zoo,the went to the National Cathedral. Somehow, I never even knew there was such a thing.  It was beautiful!  It reminded me of a church in Europe.  I loved reading about the history of the church.  It was started in the 1800's,but not finished until the1990's.

The National Cathedral
 Stained glass in the cathedral
 So ornate


 After touring the church, we went to the condo and dressed for dinner. We met my dad at The Old Ebbit Grill.  It was a yummy dinner and then we walked around the White House.  It was dark outside and it was all lit up.

0 comments: