Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And then there was light

When we moved into our house in July, we had a long wish list of things we wanted to do to the house.  Major renovations and projects, we knew we were planning to wait on until we could figure out exactly what we wanted and to save up money for such projects.  But, there are lots of little things that we wanted to do.And, of course since I am writing about it, that means we don't.
 Moving into a house that needs lots of work, we wanted to be careful to not let it overtake our life.  Life is busy- kids, Derek's work and travel, and just everyday things.  I have been really patient(surprising for me) and not worried about "the schedule" of things.  But, I did feel like we would be farther along in little things and in even knowing what we want. And I am settled in enough and ready to start doing a few things.
In early September I bought a light fixture and was hoping to have it installed and working, in a few weeks(I'm flexible).  But when we took down the old fixture, there was popcorn on the ceiling so Derek had to fix that.  Then, we couldn't get the light to work. Derek tried lots of things and then finally had to call in an electrician.  Come to find out,it was the dimmer switch.  But, we'd been without light in the dining room for over a month(Derek was traveling alot).  But, all is good now and we can check at least one thing off the list.

I'm not trying to complain, just venting a little I guess.  I am going to have to remember to be patient and be prepared that things aren't going to go quickly or easily.  And, enjoy the process of making this house- ours.  Next few projects coming up- windows in the front, privacy fence and a new front door.

2 comments:

Charis said...

Love the light! I would have loved to have talked with you more about this earlier today - sorry Levi was a pill!! Next time :) Thanks again for dinner- it was delicious.

Amy said...

Beautiful - I love it!