Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Going Local

I love going to new places in Austin. It seems like every holiday or special occasion( or really most of the time we go out)I start researching new places to go check out and try. I like checking out local places, whether its trying out a new restaurant, a dessert joint, a park, shop or activity. AND, I also love going back to the faves that I return to again and again. So, I've decided to periodically post about places in Austin that I have tried or been to that I have liked and share them with you. I hope that you will enjoy learning about new places in Austin and maybe share some of your experiences too.

My first "review" is about Freddie's Place. I never went to this place until last summer. But, we have been there since then a few times. It is a great place to take the kids. It did seem like there were lots of folks there without kids though too, and that seemed to be having a great time. But, for us, we take the kids. If you know me, you know I love to eat outside any chance I can when the weather is good. So, we have only ever eaten outside there. We sit at rustic tables underneath a lot of huge trees. There is a playscape, so the second we arrived, the kids headed over to play.
Derek and I ordered our drinks and chatted. I usually get a Margarita(or 2). And, they are really good. Derek sticks with beer, which is his thing. It is great because we don't see the kids till the food arrives- Derek and I hang out, the kids play- great for us all! There is usually live music and it starts early, like 6, so you don't have to wait along time or be out really late to hear it. We love listening to live music and so do our kids. It is such a fun Austin thing to do to go and listen to music! B sat in the chair for a long time and just chilled and listened to the music.

Brooklyn sat for a bit, then wanted to get up and boogie!

My food was good. I ordered the chicken burger this time. I added swiss cheese and mushrooms. It was a nice portion and not so huge as it often is at places. It was pretty good. The fries were great!! I love a good fry! The kids got burgers and there wasn't anything left on the plate. Hubby got chicken fried chicken and liked it ok. He said it was a little small for him, but he really eats alot.


The food isn't the draw really, its the atmosphere and live musica nd that our kids get to run around and play and have a blast! And, so do I as Derek and I get to sit and visit with each other! You should check this place out if you are looking for a relaxing time with the fam.

3 comments:

Julie T said...

We love Freddie's Place! It has such a great 'Austin' atmosphere.

Charis said...

We ate at Freddie's for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I think Colt played with every single dog that was there (and there were a lot!). We'll definitely go back again. Great review!

Team Dale said...

wow I will have to try it next time I am in the area...saw you are reading my all time favorite book right now! Enjoy!