Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Perfect Summer Day

I LOVE Summer ! If you know me, I love to be warm. I love the feel of the sun beating down on me. I even love to get in my car when it has been sitting in the sun. Growing up we spent the summer outside. Whether it was swimming in the pool, going to the beach or just hanging out in the backyard. Summer brings back those carefree and relaxing days.
In college, my friend Anita and I spend the first and last part of our freshman year at Nelson Park laying out. You should see our pictures from Freshman Follies. We were so tan. And when we all lived in our house on College St, we would lay out on the roof , all lathered up with baby oil(I know, so bad for you), and talk and read . It was so relaxing to just chill out.When I was teaching, I would spend almost all my days reading and laying out the pool. It just relaxes me so much.
Since having kids, those days of soaking up the sun are not as frequent, but I still love summer and enjoy being outside. We go to the park, play in the backyard, turn on the sprinklers and go to the pool. It is a little more active then how my summer days used to be spent, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Yesterday, we had a perfect summer day. We got up, had breakfast and coffee for me(Andrea and Jonna, I did good- only 2 cups today). The Brooklyn took her nap and B and I played. Then we ate lunch and headed to the pool.
This was my first time to take both kids by myself. We met Andrea and Blake at the pool. The boys had so much fun jumping in the water and splashing around. Brooklyn loves the water too, but wanted to be held instead of in her float. We did have to get out because of some thunder, but the boys didn't care. And, it was sunny so Andrea and I got to visit and catch some rays. We got back in and swam for a long time. It was a blast. We got out to go, but the boys were having fun just playing so we got to sit in the sun for a while longer.
At the pool there is a sno cone place, so of course we went there. It was the first snow cone for the boys. They were so good!! There were these little tables set up under umbrellas where we could all enjoy the treat. Brooklyn liked the sno cones too.
Everyone took long naps and then we ate dinner, went to Lowes(saw Edith and Greg), and then to Scoops for ice cream. I love lazy days like this where I can relax and enjoy the important things in life and not get bogged down with my TO DO list. I go to be with my family, visit with friends and spend time with Derek. It was the perfect summer day. I look forward to many more. I hope you have lots of days where you can stop and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Those are my favorite days, too. Somehow my "to do" list keeps getting longer and longer because of swimming and water park days. I was just telling someone the other day about how tan we were at freshman follies. I don't think I've been that tan since. That was SO much fun. I wish we could just take a week and do that kind of lazy stuff together again. When the kids get older!

Kim said...

We will definitely have to take some time together and relax. I forgot to put in there about getting Cajun Cones all the time too! So fun!

Hollie Reese said...

Sounds like a great day! Most of our days are spent outside also!

TriSara said...

Hey Kim! I love reading your blog. We are a lot alike. I can't get enough of summer! I am trying to relish every moment because I know it will go by way too fast. I have a half painted kitchen wall but that can wait until these outside days are over. The wall is not going anywhere but my kids are!

Kellee said...

I agree...I love lazy summer days! Living in Chicago, you only get a good 3 months of true summer weather and I definitely miss laying out by the pool. Definitely looking forward to that when we move back to Texas and I will definitely be taking your kids to the pool to play once we are back! And I also agree that being tan is the best! Why is it that we feel so much cuter with a tan??