Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I'd especially like to say it to my wonderful mom and mother-in-law. I am thankful for the example of both of these women in my life. I am truly blessed to be your daughter!
Today has been a good day. We woke up and got ready for church. Derek had sent me these beautiful flowers earlier in the week when he was gone and then today he had cards from himself and the kids for me this morning. They even gave me a gift certificate to get a massage, manicure and pedicure. I can't wait to go!!! Derek is such a great husband and I have the best kids. I am lucky to be called their mom.
We stopped by Starbucks on our way to church. We went to church and then to lunch. Derek called a few weeks ago to get reservations and the places either didn't take reservations or were all booked up. I love brunch food and that is what I wanted. One of my favorite places, Chez Zee, was having a buffett brunch. That was great because I really had my heart set on some of there creme brulee french toast. It is SO GOOD! We lucked out and got a table without having to wait. It was a great meal and I ate way too much. We sat outside on the patio, so Barrett could be himself and it didn't matter if Brooklyn dropped her food on the floor, which she did several times. They also had a section set up with face painting and balloon making. So as we left, Barrett just had to do each thing. Here is our little puppy.When we got home, we all took naps. The kids are still sleeping, so I am having some quiet time on the computer. And, I confess, eating some chocolate. Hey, it's Mother's Day, I can do what I want!!

3 comments:

Anita said...

I love Barrett's puppy face. Sounds like y'all had a very fun weekend. Our lives are so great! Brooklyn is really growing up. Such a cutie. Happy Mother's Day.

jonna said...

Sounds like a really great day! Loved the pictures...and the new puppy!

Kellee said...

Glad you enjoyed your day! That is so sweet what all they did for you and you definitely deserve to be pampered. Love you!