Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

31 Cent Scoops!!!

As many of you know, tonight was 31 cent scoops at Baskin Robbins. So the kids and I headed there after naps. It ended up being close around 6 by the time we got there- healthy dinner huh? But cheap- 67 cents for 2 scoops. There was line out the door, but it moved rather quickly. It only took about 5 minutes to get to the front. I used to go with my girlfriends in college to Baskin Robbins ALOT! I always got chocolate peanut butter. So, thats what I got tonight. It totally hit the spot. Barrett go some crazy looking kind(I don't remember the name) made of neon blue, green and purple sherbet. He ate it all. He kept saying-YUMMY! I even had to give Brooklyn a few licks of mine so she didn't feel left out. Don't tell Dr. Jolet. I think both my kids will have my sweet tooth. Such a great treat!
We also saw some firemen. I think they do the 31 cent night to honor fallen firefighter and their families. We have 2 close friends who are firemen here in Austin- Heath and Bob. What an amazing job they do, laying their life on the line when there is a fire or accident. I often forget to think about what sacrifices they, and all other firefighters make. It must be hard on their wives, Jonna and Marisa, as they send them off to work. I can't imagine. I pray that God continues to keep the guys safe as they go to work and fight fires. Thanks guys for all you do.
By the way we did eat some leftover pizza after we got home from HEB, so our dinner wasn't just ice cream.

5 comments:

Marcia said...

You are braver than we are. It was shoulder to shoulder in our Baskin Robbins with people spilling out on to the sidewalk. There was no where to park either. We turned around and went to sonic instead so I still got a treat. I'm glad yall got to enjoy the deal.

Anita said...

We chickened out too. I had it all planned to be Nathan's treat after his school program tonight, but the line was way out the door. Even with it POURING down rain outside. I have to agree, who could let a little rain keep you away from ice cream. I would love to go get some chocolate and peanut butter with you and the girls. Those were such fun days. I love all of our college memories.

Kellee said...

I wonder if any parent out there has ever tried the neon blue, green, or whatever color ice cream--I wonder what it tastes like?! It seems like every child is immediately attracted to the brightest color behind the glass and every adult thinks it looks gross. I didn't get to Baskin Robbins but I did have a cupcake :). Our family is famous for the "sweet tooth"--we didn't have a choice since both of our parents LOVE their sweets! No better way to live in my opinion. You would think after the summer we made some sort of dessert EVERY night, we'd cut back but I think its only increased!

Dallas said...

I wish we had Baskin Robbins where we live...just Brahms. I'm glad you had fun with your kids, now I am craving some chocolate peanut butter ice cream!

Unknown said...

How can I find out about these fun events at Baskin Robbins? Is it just a once-a-year thing, or more often that that?

I like Kellee's comment about the colors! That's so true.