Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh, My Aching Legs!

Every year since we've been married, except the 2 I was pregnant, I've run in the Austin Capital 10K. It is a 6.2 mile race and it is always fun. I wanted to get in better shape to run this year, but I could only ever grab a day here or there to run. The race was yesterday morning. I was worried about rain, but it held off and it was nice and cool for the run. I listened to my ipod and weaved my way through the thousands of people running the race. See, we were late and the race had already begun so I was behind alot of people. I saw Derek and the kids along the way and at the finish line. It made me smile. I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband who supports and encourages me in this and everything I do. He watches the kids after a long day at work or after her returns from a trip, so that I can exercise or grab a bit of time to myself. I am so blessed. I love you honey! My goal was 55 minutes and I completed the race in 52.2 minutes and was 37 in my age group, 250 overall. I never saw the mile markers until mile 4 so I had no idea of my pace and I am fairly happy with my time. After the race, we went to eat breakfast at Austin Java. I had yummy breakfast quesadillas and french toast(kids size). I am glad I did run and felt totally justified in eating anything I wanted yesterday, today..... And no exercise for me today- my legs are sore! Here is a pic of me and Barrett after the run.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW--that's a really good pace, especially for not being able to run much before the race. Glad you had fun!!
-kellee

Unknown said...

Wow. You sure are a busy Momma! Congratulations on a successful run.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Here's hoping I can run with you next year--I will definitely need to pick up my pace to keep up!

CM said...

way to go Kim! Great picture of you and Barrett!

Dallas said...

How inspiring! Matthew and I ran a few 1/2 marathons early in our marriage. I'm sad to say that we are huge slackers and are not even close to running a 5K at this point in our lives. Oh well, hopefully again one day :).

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim! I actually did the Cap10K as well, my 4th yr- surprised I didn't see you in the thousands :) Also wanted to comment on your entry before this- I also LOVE the bare essentuals line- started using it about a year ago! I've already gotten 4 people to start using it as well!! ~Whitney