Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

This and that!

Our family was minus one this weekend. Barrett and 2 of his cousins, Shaelyn and Elizabeth, went to stay at my parents for a long weekend. We met my mom in Brenham on Friday at lunch. Kara was there too, to drop of Elizabeth. On Friday night, we did some yard work while Brooklyn played in the sprinkler. Saturday, we slept in and took the morning easy(meaning we were in our pjs until after noon!) Brooklyn seemed to enjoy just hanging out and having our undivided attention.
On Saturday evening, we went with some friends to see Billy Bob Thornton in concert. I didn't even know he sang. We had a great time laughing, eating, and listening to the music at Stubb's.
Sunday we ate lunch with friends, took naps, then took Brooklyn out for ice cream and let her play at the park. She seems to be missing Barret and is really excited we are leaving in a little bit to go get him.
Oh, I also watched the season finale of The Next Food Network Star. I really wanted Lisa to win and was surprised that Aaron ended up winning. I don't know if I will watch his show on tv, but really like the Food Network Star show alot. And, I can't wait to see who wins Design Star.
Well, I am off to get Barrett in Brenham. And GranBob is coming to watch the kids on Wednesday through the weekend. Derek is in Phoenix for work and I am meeting him there to have some alone time, hang out at the pool, and eat lots of good food. I am really looking forward to this vacation with just the 2 of us. And, I am going to be really happy to see my little guy, Barrett. We all missed him, but I know he had a blast with Nana and Teddy!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I wanted Lisa to win, too! She was so awesome. I am hoping we will see her on tv soon. I love her style and cooking.

Leigh said...

I'm still mad that Aaron won!

Have fun in Phoenix--