Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Places Around Town

A few of my friends recently listed places they go- each day, or on the computer. I thought it was a good idea. So, I was trying to come up with something somewhat interesting, and really couldn't think of anything that creative. So I am sharing of my favorite places in Austin.
1. Our church, Westover Hills. We have made many great friends there. And, our kids have made great friends too. Our preacher challenges us, our class helps us be better, and the church seeks to share the love of Christ with others in Austin and around the world.
2. We love Mexican food and some of my favorite places to eat it are Manuel's, Chuy's, Flores and Polvo's.
3. Austin Scoops is our favorite ice cream place. It's local and oh so yummy!!
4. Circle C pool. We love our neighborhood pool. It is fun for the kids and a great way to spend the afternoon or evening. Lifetime(our gym) also has a great pool too!
5. Zilker Park- we all love to hang out there. It is fun to ride the train, play, picnic, and go to the many different seasonal events there throughout the year.
6. South Congress- there are lots of shops to look in and lots of places to eat. We love South Congress Cafe, Home Slice, Hey Cupcake, Vespaio and Big Top.
7. The Backyard- we haven't been to a concert in a while, but the ones we have been to there are great. It is a nice, cozy atmosphere outside under the trees.
8. The Outlet Mall. While it is technically in San Marcos, it is as close to us as some places in North Austin. There are lots of cool places to shop and I usually find some really good deals. And I love a good deal.
9. I also love shopping at Central Market. It love browsing the aisles looking at the natural and gourmet foods. It is fun to go there. Whole Foods is a fun place to go too, but I don't make it there as often.
10. We also like to go the the places on or around Barton Springs Rd. I like Shady Grove and Austin Java. And Flip Happy Crepes is awesome. A nutella rollup- yum!!!
11. Our gym, Lifetime. It is great. The classes are good, the kids like going and there is a pool there too.
12. The Capital. It is pretty and full of history. It is fun to walk around the grounds and look at everything.
13. Another place, not in Austin, that we love is Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls. We go for pumpkins in the fall and blackberries and strawberries in the spring. Awesome!
14. More restaurants- Kerbey Lane, Chez Zee (both for brunch), Eddie V's and Vin Bistro are awesome date places.
15. The Austin Capital 10 K. It is a run the I have done often. It is a run through downtown Austin and it is fun and exciting to do. Anyone want to do it with me in 2009?

So, what are some of your favorite places in Austin?

7 comments:

Anita said...

Yes! I want to do the 10k w/you. It sounds like a fun race. Let's remember to do that. Maybe Marcia and Kellee can do it w/us.

Kellee said...

I'm up for doing the race too :) Is there a date set for 2009 yet?

Whitney said...

Awww... that makes me miss Austin! I love all of the places that you listed!

CM said...

I love Hula Hut for a relaxing dinner on the water, Butler Park for kids to play in the water, and Sonic! OK, I get that Sonic is all over, but we didn't have it growing up and it's something that is still a huge treat to me!

Marcia said...

I can't let you three run without me. Sounds fun!

Beth Hames said...

I love the Alamo Drafthouse and El Chile. They just opened a new El Chile close to church too!

Andrea said...

Your list made me 1) glad to be an Austinite and 2) hungry!