Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, April 27, 2007

I really needed a Sonic

This morning our friends Marisa, Kellen and Thomsen came to play. Barrett and Kellen always have a blast when they get together. I always enjoy talking with Marisa. We used to teach together and now we both stay home with our 2 little ones. It was a fun morning.
After lunch, the kids and I headed to Home Depot. I needed to get a few plants and some mulch. Derek gets home tomorrow and we need to mulch out flower beds badly! All is going well at first, except I don't know what plants to get since they don't seem to have the ones I had on my list. Then Brooklyn cries because she wants to be held and Barrett runs off. I pick Brooklyn up and go get B. After getting Barrett back, I put him in the cart(nevermind, the cart is almost full with some bushes). I put Brooklyn in and immediately she cries. What has happened to my easy going girl this afternoon?
We head over to get the mulch. After looking at the bags and figuring out where I can put them, I attempt to lift a bag. And drop it. I try again and get it on to the bottom of the cart. I do this 2 more times. Anyone watching would probably die laughing. Thank goodness no one is around, though it might be nice for some help. I need to get 2 more bags. So, I move the plants around and tell Barrett to watch out. I practically throw the bags in the cart and Barrett is like "Get me out of here!"I am sweating! I get B out and we go check out.
A nice man sees me at my car and helps unload the mulch bags into the car. We all get in and I say" I really need a Sonic!" Barrett says "Me too." And we're off. We get our drinks- B a lemonade and me a LARGE vanilla Dr. Pepper (I usually only get a medium). Then when the girl comes with our drinks she says "Sorry it took so long, here is a coupon for a free burger." WOW. It really didn't take long. As we leave B says " Hey mom, this is a so, so fun day!" And so it is! Its the little things that bring such joy. Have a happy Friday everyone and treat yourself to something fun too!

7 comments:

Anita said...

That is a hilarious story!!! I can just picture you trying to load the mulch into the buggy and Barrett "helping". I hope your Sonic was delicious.

Sara said...

Hey Kim,

It's Sara (Looney) Miller.

I found your blog through Eli and Kristen Perkins...we just said goodbye to them yesterday as they head off to Austin. We are currently living in Knoxville.

I enjoyed reading about your family, Kara's and Kellee's. I haven't seen a pictures of them in years!

My brother, Steve, and his wife and three kids live in Austin as well. I hope to get back to Texas soon!! We shall see what doors are opened up for us.

Take Care.

CM said...

I wish I could have been there to see all the fun at the store! Barrett and Brooklyn are so precious, and I'm just glad that Barrett takes after his mama and realizes the importance of a good trip to Sonic...

Kellee said...

Dad would be so proud that you were buying mulch to do some yard work since he practically had to brag us to get out and pull weeds!! I'm glad you treated yourself to a Sonic drink; its amazing how the small things can make such a difference on the most stressful days!

Kellee said...

I meant to say BRIBE instead of brag in my post! ha

Leigh said...

I have days like that, only I usually get a Chick-Fil-A milkshake. And I don't share.

Tell B I love his comments on my blog! They're so insightful and wise. :)

Eli Perkins said...

Hi Kim,

I got your comment, and we are now in Austin. You can call Kristen at 865.964.5136. I know she would love to talk to you. Hope to see you and Derek soon.

Eli