Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In the Bluebonnets


Oh my! What a time we had trying to take some pictures in the bluebonnets. I always have such high expectations of my kids when it comes to picture taking. I just want one really good shot, but it turned out harder than I thought. For one, it is always a challenge when your 2 year old is holding his 7 month old sister on a hill that she can topple down. Brooklyn ususally has smiles for us all the time, but I think she is going to be a girly girl and was protesting sitting in the dirt.
Some things I said during this photo shoot-
"Barrett, I don't want to have to give you a spanking. This is supposed to be fun."
"Come on, we are making a memory!"
"Brooklyn, this is ridiculous. SMILE!"
" Finally, Barrett, great job!"
I got some good shots of Barrett, none really of Brooklyn and an ok one of the two of them. Here are some shots. I guess we will try again this weekend.

7 comments:

Dallas said...

I love the Texas Bluebonnets! My mom always took our picture in them. Your children are precious, even if they didn't cooperate with the photographer :). At least you made a memory :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love the one of Brooklyn crying- she's adorable! ~Whitney

Kellee said...

That last one of Barrett is so cute-- he is such a big kid!! That is funny Brooklyn didn't like being in the dirt; even if she's not smiling in the pics, she's a doll. I might need a copy of that last one of Barrett.

Chesley said...

I love them! You have two of the cutest kids! I am at that point with Garrett where he doesn't smile or stay in one place. He just wants to run! I need to head out to the bluebonnets soon!

LJ said...

Kim - I had much of the same luck this week with my kids... Baby K wouldn't even look at the camera! Seth was running around like a wild man distracting her! Your kids...Even the shots with tears were cute though! Such beautiful children. There were some great ones of Barrett! -LJ

CM said...

The kids are so cute in the bluebonnets! It was fun to read what really happened behind the scene...

Unknown said...

I love the one of Brooklyn crying. Her face is just so sweet. Barrett's an old pro at the bluebonnets by now. He seems like the sweetest big brother in the whole world. What blessings these two are. Thanks for sharing them all on yahoo, too. I LOVED seeing all of the pics. Happy Easter!