Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day

We went to Houston for Thanksgiving. We arrived Wednesday and were able to eat lunch at Pappasito's(a Poe family favorite) with my parents, grandparents and Kellee and Anthony.



















After lunch, we headed over to the Reaves where we hung out with Bob and Narcessa and the cousins. The kids seem to really enjoy being together. Barrett had a blast wearing an old dirtbike helmet of Bob's and pretending to be Speed Racer.

















On Turkey day, Derek and I met Kellee and Anthony to go downtown for the Turkey Trot run. Kellee and I ran the 10K and were cheered on by our wonderful husbands. It was a little hot and humid, but we finished with a pretty good time. It was so nice to have someone to run and talk with.











After a Starbuck's stop, we went back to the Reaves to get ready for the big meal. Derek's sister, brother and sis-in-law and kids came over. We had a nice time of visiting, laughing, and the kids played nonstop the entire day. Barrett and Brooklyn sure do love their cousins. Of course, we ate so much food. We also exchanged Christmas presents with Rich, Leigh and the girls and that was a fun time. The kids also enjoyed hanging out with Aunt Michel, Grandbob and Grandmom. And, Barrett was especially happy to have a leaf pile to jump in over and over again.





On Friday, I did brave the crowds for a little bit of shopping before we came back to Austin. There is something about being out with all of the people that gets you in the Christmas spirit. We had a great visit to Houston! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and this is ia picture of of the Barbie cruise ship. Brooklyn kept holding it us and carrying it around saying it was Kellee and Anthony- how cute!

6 comments:

Anita said...

That post made me laugh!!! Seeing Barrett in the dirt bike helmet and Brooklyn saying that was Kellee and Anthony is too funny! Glad y'all had a fun visit.

I'm so behind on blogging. I need to get on it so bad!

Kellee said...

Great seeing you guys!! Cute pics and that is hilarious Brooklyn kept saying that was us...if only we were that skinny! Ha. Love you!

TriSara said...

What great pictures! Looks like you guys had an awesome holiday. I skipped the turkey trot this year and that was a mistake! Hope you had a great race.

Unknown said...

Great times! Seems like you all had a fun and eventful time. Congrats on the run. See you soon!

Marcia said...

Looks like yall had a great time. I was disappointed I didn't see you and Kellee at the Turkey Trot.

Leigh said...

What a great picture of Harper & Brooklyn!! And I'm glad y'all got enough snow to play in; we had great big flakes but it didn't stick in our part of town.