Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Time

Fall is here and pumpkins are such a part of fall.
My father-in-law loves all things pumpkin and his mother used to cook all sorts of pumpkin things for him. My friend, Julie, also loves the pumpkin flavor and gets excited about all of the seasonal pumpkin items. I like it too. It reminds me of fall and cooler weather.
I've toasted pumpkin seeds, but I have mainly only had pumpkin flavor in desserts(and from a can) and as a flavor in drinks. So, I am going to attempt to make some new dishes that have pumpkin or pumpkin flavor(and cook and use an actual pumpkin instead of just the canned kind). Here is a list of some pumpkin recipes I am going to try out in the next month or so. Most are desserts, because that is really fun for me, but I am going to try some other things too.

I'll will just list them and then if you click on the recipe name, it will take you to our recipe blog where I will have the entire recipe. And, feel free to share if you have any great pumpkin recipes.

Pumpkin Roll- Derek's favorite pumpkin recipe

Pumpkin Risotto- this is a new one

Pumpkin Waffles- sounds yummy

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie- a new twist

Pumpkin Crunch Muffins- great for breakfast

Pumpkin Bisque- something new to try

Pumpkin Bread Pudding- how can this be anything but good

4 comments:

Anita said...

You are so adventurous! The inside of a pumpkin grosses me out. I am really having to psych myself up to do it at school this week. I am going to make some pumpking cookies for this weekend.

Julie Walker said...

They all sound great but the pumpkin bread pudding sounds fantastic!

Whitney said...

Thanks for all of the great recipes- I LOVE fall desserts!

Kellee said...

I will definitely have to try that pumpkin bread pudding!! all the recipes sound so tasty!