Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Derek!


Today is Derek's birthday and he is halfway around the world at a conference. I think he is having a fun time, but I wish we were together to celebrate. I guess, at least it draws his birthday out a little longer.
I officially met Derek when I was 15, but we both knew of each other a few years before that. I think it is so neat to have known each other so long and have been a part of each others lives and history for almost half of our lives. It is amazing to think of all the changes we have gone through.
Derek is awesome. He is truly my other half, the half that makes me whole. He loves me and our kids so much. The is such an unselfish person. He is a hard worker. He puts others ahead of himself. He is smart, has common sense and takes care of us well. He is just a big kid and knows how to relax and have fun! He is laid back and stays calm. He is a huge blessing in my life. I am so lucky to be his wife and journey through this life with him.
So, Happy Birthday Derek! We love you and miss you!
Derek and some high school buddiesPicking blackberries with BFishing in Islamorada with his dadPlaying at the pool with BrooklynBird hunting with David

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Happy birthday Derek! So glad you married such a great guy; he's the best!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Derek!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim! You're the best. I really appreciate what you wrote about me - that's so sweet. Its easy to be a good husband when you have the best wife!

Derek