Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Time!

I love spring time. We have been busy around our house planting flowers and plants. I love to go to the garden store and pick out plants for our flower beds. Though, I am not so good on the actual planting and upkeep of it all. The kids love to ride in the wagon at the garden store and look at the plants too. Derek was gone this week, so we decided to paint some pots and get flowers to go inside them. The kids had a messy, fun time painting the pots and then planting their flowers- pink for Brooklyn and blue for Barrett. We also like to eat most of our meals outside on our patio this time of year. We had been noticing a bird that was interested in a planter we have and kindof being protective of it. Well, the bird was protecting her babies. We have been watching the mommy get worms for her babies. They are so cute. I could not get a good picture, but we think it is so neat to see and hear the baby birds. We also discovered some dewberries growing in the front yard. I took this picture before Barrett ate all of them. Hopefully more will grow soon.

6 comments:

twarpula said...

I love the orange flowers, what are those? How brave are you to let them paint pots. You're making us all look bad!! LOL!
~tanya

Kim said...

I have no idea what the orange flowers are. I usually try to know, but they are annuals and come in yellow and orange.

Kim P. said...

I love buying and planting flowers too, but I'm not very good at watering either. I'm really enjoying spring this year and sad that summer is almost here when we can't be outside as much! Your flowers looks great!

simply fabulous said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We had baby birds too in our grill. Amazing!

April said...

You finally got a picture of the baby birds! Don't you just love this time of year? There are so many fun things to do outside with the kiddos!

Andrea said...

Those pots look like a lovely purpleish blue color I think!
And I loved all the pictures of Brooklyn's pigtails - they are adorable.