Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, April 4, 2008

The Happy Visit

Barrett went to the dentist for the first time today. It is called a "happy visit" since it is really to just get him familiar with the dentist and to not be afraid when they do more extensive work later on. We sat down with the hygienist and she is like" Oh my, he has a cavity. Do you see it?" I look in Barrett's mouth and there is a huge black spot on one of his molars. I am thinking-"How have I not seen this before." Well, the dentist comes in and starts looking and feeling and it turns out it was some leftover raisin from earlier. Thank goodness. So, no cavities to report. The dentist cleaned his teeth and Barrett had a hard time staying still and trying to keep the light out of his eyes. Barrett enjoyed going to the dentist and getting his teeth checked out and cleaned. Of course, he did ask the dentist if they had lollipops. And of course they did not. Barrett did tell me it was fun and he wants to go back.

Open mouth ready to have his teeth checked out!
Brooklyn sitting with Barrett in the cool chair waiting for the dentist
Dr. Persky cleaning Barrett's teeth

Checking the teeth out

5 comments:

CM said...

The raisin is cracking me up! That is a great story. I wish dentist visits for adults were that happy...

Beth Hames said...

Hah! Love the raisin story. (and the sucker :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!! What a cute story. I'm glad it wasn't a true cavity. We really hope you'll bring them both when you come (if you want to, that is). See you soon.

Jessica said...

Uhhh...being the hygienist that I am I have to say that I have never seen a cavity that looks like a raisin!! Glad it ended up truly being a "happy visit"!

Sara said...

Laura's recent visit to the dentist wasn't so happy, so we are going for round two in May.

The hygienist mistaked the remnants of a grape flavored vitamin as a cavity at our visit. I was so thankful it wasn't a cavity!