Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Celebrations


Since Derek and I ran the Austin Marathon on Valentine's Day, this years Valentine's Day was more of a weekend. On Friday, Derek brought both me and Brooklyn some beautiful flowers. And on Sunday morning, before the run, he surprised me with some beautiful pink roses. On Sunday afternoon, the kids opened their presents from us. On Monday night, we made heart shaped pizzas and had fondue for dessert.The kids have a blast doing fondue. Brooklyn decided to skip the food and just start eating the chocolate by itself. I love fondue and its so much fun, I think we will have to do it more often than just on Valentine's. We also got to go out on a date this past Friday. We had a great time just talking and hanging out. We also got to eat some yummy sushi!!




And on Thursday, we celebrated Brooklyn's half birthday. She wanted a batman cake, so we made a pink "batgirl" cake for her. She loved it! I can't believe my little girl is getting so old. She is a sweet, spunky little girl. She makes me laugh and gives awesome hugs. Here are some of her faves-

Song: Love Story by Taylor Swift and I& Love&You by the Avett Brothers
Show:Team Umizoomi
Food:chocolate candy
Toy: Tinkerbell phone and Barbie
Thing to do:play dress up
Person:Barrett
Thing about school: playing with my friends and singing about God

Some of you may remember around this time last year how Brooklyn had cut open her lip and had those awful stitches. But, we made it through the week with no major injuries, so I was glad.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You girls make the best cakes!!

Julie Walker said...

I love the cake! Happy half birthday Brooklyn!

Ashley said...

I love the cake! Way to be a princess and a superhero, Brooklyn!