Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celebrating love and an ER trip

We have had a week of heart day celebrations. The kids had parties at church and school. Derek and I went out Friday night on a great date. We got all dressed up and went to dinner at The Belmont. It was a great intimate atmosphere with a very retro feel. Our food was great and I had a few Georgia Peach drinks that were yummy too. It was so fun to have Valentine's Day on a Saturday. We took it easy Saturday- Derek went to get coffee and brought me flowers- and I made a big brunch of breakfast casserole and croissant french toast. We were stuffed. We all exchanged little presents and cards. It was a sweet time together. We enjoyed a family day and alot of our day revolved around food. Barrett and I baked some heart cakes and the kids deocrated them. We made heart pizzas for dinner. Barrett cut out heart shapes for him and Brooklyn. For dessert we had our traditional fondue. Yummy! That was a big hit with the kids. And Derek and I liked it as well!
My little chef cutting out the heart crusts
Making pizzasLoading the pizzas up with cheeseChocolate fondue and marshmallows
Decorating cupcakes
Lots of sprinklesLove that chocolate face
Open up!
We had a very relaxing and fun weekend until...
we got home from church Sunday and Brooklyn fell onto the corner of our coffee table and hit her lip. There was blood everywhere and she was screaming. It looked pretty bad and I have to say, I was not the calm soothing mommy. I freaked out a little bit, luckily Derek calmed us down, we got in the car and went up to the ER. Our little girl was such a trooper and so brave. She had to get 3 stitches on her upper lip. Barrett wanted to get a little gift for Brooklyn, so we ran to the store while Derek and Brooklyn were with the doctor. He was concerned about her and it was really sweet. Hopefully Brooklyn will heal quickly with minor scarring. We love our little girl and glad she is going to be ok.
Brooklyn's battle wounds

Look at that lip

10 comments:

Dallas said...

Poor little girl! I am glad she is doing better and has such a sweet big brother. At least it wasn't in the middle of your fun valentine celebration!

Kellee said...

sounds like you all had a fun weekend together until the accident. i'm glad she's going to be okay and be looking in the mail for a little prize for her. love yall!

Team Dale said...

OH NO...poor thing...that is so sad how swollen her lip is. I am sure she is healing fine now. Mederma for KIDS is a life saver for scars! Looks like your valentines day was so SWEET!

JessBless said...

I hope Brooklyn is feel better now. No little princess should have to go through pain like that. It's sweet that Barrett wanted to make his sister feel better.

Casey said...

Bless her heart (and Mommy's, too)! What a tough little girl!

Unknown said...

Poor Brooky! We said prayers for her during our home church Sunday night! I hope you are doing better with it, too! Love you guys. Give the kiddos hugs.

Julie T said...

What a fun Valentine's Day. You are so great about planning fun activities to do with your kids! Sorry about Brooklyn....hope she is all better soon.

Chesley said...

I LOVE the picture of Brooklyn stuffing that big marshmallow in her mouth! She knows how to eat that right! :)
Sounds like your family had a fun Valentines!
Bless Brooklyns littls heart! I hope she feels better.

Chesley said...

I LOVE the picture of Brooklyn stuffing that big marshmallow in her mouth! She knows how to eat that right! :)
Sounds like your family had a fun Valentines!
Bless Brooklyns littls heart! I hope she feels better.

Whitney said...

Poor little Brooklyn! I'm glad she's doing better, and that yall had such a fun Valentine's celebration!