Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Abilene

Last weekend we went to Abilene. I hadn't been to ACU in 6 years and it was neat to see the campus and see how things have changed. And, I had forgotten just how windy it is there.

First, here is a trip down memory lane:
Here is me and Brooklyn in front of Nelson- my freshman dorm. I met my best friends right away. We all lived on the same hall. We went in the lobby and I showed my kids my window. Its been 16 years since I lived there.

Barrett running down the amphitheater steps- we used to run these steps for exercise!
The house I lived in my junior year. Many fun memories from here! We had a great time together!I have pictures when I was a little girl in front of this sign and throughout my life. Keeping the tradition going!Here is the post office. My mailbox was over here and the kids are standing by the door into the post office. I worked there for 2 years! Fun times sorting mail!

Brooklyn preaching at the Chapel on the Hill

There are many new buildings since I have been back. There is a jogging track around the whole campus, which I would have loved back when I was in college.And there is some new sculptures and such. The kids loved running around Jacob's Ladder, a cool metal and stone display. Brooklyn tried to take a picture of us.

On Saturday night, we all went to Perini Ranch for dinner. Yummy steaks! There were 20 of us!! The kids all sat at their own table and the adults all got to visit and enjoy each others company. The kids did get to run around on the stage area and play after dinner.



















The reason we all went to Abilene was to celebrate my dad. He was named ACU's Alumni of the Year! He was very honored to be chosen for this special award. We had a luncheon on Sunday where he received his award. They spoke of all of his achievements and professional accomplishments. Several congressmen made a video tribute to him and then there was a another congressman that spoke about him. It was neat to hear. Then all of us kids went up and spoke about our dad. We talked about the wonderful father and family man that he is. I was quite nervous about speaking in front of so many people, but my dad seemed to really appreciate our heartfelt and sincere words. It was a fun day for all of us to be together.










I am so proud of my dad. He is a great leader and hard worker and stands by his convictions. He has done many imprtant things in his career. He continues to do what is right and wants to make a difference in the world. But, I am most proud that he is my father. That he loves and supports us kids in everything. That he has always made us his number one priority and that he loves us no matter what. Way to go dad!!

0 comments: