Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spoken from the Heart

Spoken from the Heart

I recently read the Laura Bush autobiography, Spoken from the heart.  My mom gave me the book and I kept looking at it and not picking it up.  But, I finally read it.  It was interesting.  I especially liked the early years of Laura's life- growing up, teaching, meeting George, and the early political career of GW.  It was neat because parts took place in Austin when we lived here.  Some of the presidential years recaps were a little boring. This post isn't really about this book as much as the book being a reminder to me that I really like biographies.  You learn so much! I don't even read nonfiction that much. So, I am hoping to expand my reading a bit.
I am looking for some biographies to read. Please, let me know of any good ones you have read.

5 comments:

Beth Hames said...

I love reading biographies too. These may not sound interesting to you, but here are a few I've read recently that I really liked: What is the What (about Sudan), The Lost City of Z (about the Amazon), An Ordinary Man (about Rwanda), Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage (about an Antarctic explorer). I think I have all of these and more if you want to borrow anything.

Anonymous said...

wow Beth - I've read 2 of your books listed. The what book & Shackleton were both awesome! Kim - we have both these books at the house if you're interested.
- Derek

Rebekah said...

I think any adoption related book is interesting, but I recently read Lucky Girl by Mei-Ling Hopgood. It is her memoir. She was adopted from Taiwan as an infant and was actually reunited with her birth parents and many siblings as an adult. It was a very interesting (and emotional) read.

Charis said...

We just watched the movie about Nelson Mandela, Invictus. I now want to read his biography. I also read the biography of Queen Noor of Jordan, called A Leap of Faith. I don't know if it's the best I've ever read, but who doesn't like reading the story of an American girl turned Queen? :)

TeamBortzfield said...

I loved Laura's book too so much information and stuff I've never heard before.
My favorite bio is grace kelly "icon of style to royal bride" Really well done and very detailed. Makes you want to visit Europe in the 50's