Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our 44th president


We have a new president. I was inspired yesterday as I watched all of the events of the inauguration. I am proud to live in this country and was filled with such a sense of patriotism. This is one of the only times our government demonstrates pomp and circumstance and it the ritual of it all is quite amazing. It is awesome to see a president that inspires such hope in people and encourages people to unite together. Whether you voted for Obama or not, I was an historical day and a day that makes me proud to be an American. Looking back through our history as a country, we have come a long way in how people view each other and respect people from all walks of life, all races and religions. It is so neat to see the transition of power done with such respect. I am hopeful and prayerful for this administration. And, I am glad of all of the presidents and people who have come before paving the way.

3 comments:

Julie T said...

I agree...it was very cool to see the nation rally for this symbolic event!

Murrie said...

Ben and I were glued to the TV as well. We lived there for the last inauguration and is was a cool experience, that being said this would have been an amazing time to be there.

Anonymous said...

Is Michelle sticking out her tongue?