Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is here!


What a great year 2008 was for me and our family. The new year tends to make me think about the past year and the things that happened, that we experiences, places we went and the sweet people in our lives. We have been so blessed with health, each other and wonderful family and friends in our life, Derek's job, an amazing church and the love of Jesus.
Lately, I have been having this feeling that I am here on earth to do more. That God is calling me to be more, do more, love more, and spend more of my mental energy thinking on Him. I feel like I have been in a rut of thinking of myself and family and tuning out the things that God is wanting from me. I feel like I need to live a simpler, more focused life. And, I don't know what that will look like in the coming year or years, but I am excited to see how God will change me. I feel that so much of my mental energy is spend on things like our home, our future, money, and sometimes it is just plain exhausting. So, I am glad for a new year and a new start.
I saw on my friend Amy's blog a list of reminders for living a fulfilled and meaningful life and loved all of them and think that in the new year I want to adapt an attitude of living live to the fullest and enjoying the ride of this journey.

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed 2009!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Great post--I agree with trying to live a more simple, yet more focused life. It's hard to stay focused on what really matters with all the other things going on, important things even. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get recharged and re-energized for 2009. I do love a fresh start and the beginning of a new year is so refreshing. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Kim, That is a very sweet blog post. I hope that God will grant you all the desires of your heart and that you will be even more fulfilled in Him this upcoming year. You are a great example to so many people, and I enjoyed reading your thoughtful words. Love you!

Andrea said...

That is a great reminder, and so true. I wish you the best as you seek change, and I appreciate your honesty.