Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Blog Archive

Followers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Making of a Mansion, or something like that...

I decided to start what I hope will be a new family tradition-decorating a gingerbread house. I bought a kit at Walmart that had the house pieces already made and had all of the icing and candy and even a little tray to use to put the whole thing together. The kids were of course very interested in eating the icing and had a hard time resisting the candy. Brooklyn did eat a little of the chimney, but we were able to make it work anyways. So, we iced the sides and put the house together. I put icing on one side for Barrett to decorate and Brooklyn decorated the other side. It was a neat time together and the kids really did enjoy making it together. When it was all finished, Barrett said, " Well, this candy house looks pretty cool, but maybe next year we can make a mansion and use 50 pounds of candy". That would be something wouldn't it?Sampling the gingerbread and the icingPlacing things just rightTada! The finsihed productBarrett's side of the roof and house

Brooklyn's side

1 comments:

Julie Walker said...

Looks great! Don't show my kids, yours looks alot better!