Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Brooklyn's 1st Birthday Party

We had Brooklyn's first birthday party last weekend. It was a good time spent with family and friends. My mom came up early to help me get ready for the party. We had a garden themed party. We invited the babies and siblings Brooklyn is friends with and her cousins on my side were there too.

We had lunch and the kids played outside. Then we opened Brooklyn's presents. She had some help from Barrett and his friends. She got a lot of cute little girls things. She got some cute clothes and books. She also got some jammies and goirly toys to play with. She even got some baby dolls. She also got two grocery carts and a cute pink car to drive in(though Barrett is mainly using it right now).

We had cake and ice cream. Brooklyn seemed excited that everyone was singing to her. She was a little hesitant at first to dig in to her flower cake, but then she went after it. She got pink icing everwhere and her hair was more pink than blond by the time she stopped. I made a flower cake for everone else. It looked just like a cake my mom had made for me when I was little. It was fun to do something girly! We did the bubble machine at the end.

We had a great time and were glad we could spend time with our friends and family. My brother, Kurt, and his family made it for the party. Barrett and Shaelyn played from the time they woke up to the time Shaelyn had to leave. Kara and Shane and Elizabeth came too. it was fun to see them. My parents and Derek's parent also came. It was nice to have them here and let Brooklyn clelebrate with them. We ordered pizza for dinner and then everyone had to head home except my parents. It was a wonderful celebration and fun memories were made.

3 comments:

Anita said...

I LOVE that pink car! May have to put that on Abby's bday list. You also did a great job on her cake. I think it's inspired me to make Abby's, I think. Happy 1 Year Brooklyn. She's a cutie!

Kellee said...

Wish we could have been there with everyone! Looks like you all had a great time and the cake turned out so cute. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

TriSara said...

such great pictures! I am sorry that your baby is growing up so fast, but man, is she the cutest thing ever!