Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

House Hunting Blues

We are full swing into our home search. It is becoming really overwhelming. We've been looking at lots of houses and I feel so confused. I really just want to drive up to a house and feel like"This is it! This is where I see our family living."
We've both made our wish lists of what we want and are trying to prioritize. Of course, its a bit of a problem when you want it all and don't want to have to give up anything. We were mainly looking in 2 neighborhoods, and now are looking in one of the same and have added 2 other neighborhoods. Hopefully more houses will come on the market soon.
I feel like we are getting closer to finding what we want, but not quite there. I don't want this home search to overtake all my thoughts, but I can see that is where I am headed I'm afraid.
Of course the kids are pretty easy to please. I asked Barrett the other day how he would feel if he went to a different school for 1st grade and he said" Well, would a get a toy like I did on the first day of Kindergarten?" I said" Sure" And he said" Yeah, thats ok. I'd like getting a toy" And we went into this house that was tiny and the kids both said" Buy it! Buy it! It has a pool!" Not that that is on our priority list, but the kids want a house with no stairs and a pool!
Who knows what is going to happen, but we are both prayerful that we will end up in the right place for us. I am ready for a house that we can feel settled in, a yard for the kids to play in and a place we can call home.

4 comments:

simply fabulous said...

Your perfect home for your family is out there! Don't give up! Thinking of you!

Kellee said...

i love that the kids don't care about the size; don't worry, you'll find the perfect house and i have no doubt you will make it a wonderful home. love you!

CM said...

Praying for you to find that place that immediately feels like home. It will happen in the perfect timing. Hugs!

Whitney said...

The perfect one is out there- but you won't find it on your timeline, only God's :) Stay positive~