Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Camping at Pace Bend Park

We decided to spend some of our Spring Break camping. On Thursday morning, we loaded up and headed out to Pace Bend Park on Lake Travis. I like that it is so close to us and took only about 30 minutes to get there. We found a great little spot to camp, set up and then began exploring the land. We hiked, climbed some cliffs, took a canoe ride, fished, tried to skip rocks and the kids even swam a bit in the freezing water! The kids also got to fish alot, though Derek caught the only fish. We also played baseball and soccer and the kids rode their bikes. I even got to relax in the sun and read my book. We enjoyed a yummy dinner of steak and potatoes(though, I felt like we were eating the entire time we were there) and of course ended with some smores- our fave! After the kids went to bed, Derek and I hung out by the fire and talked late into the night. We all slept pretty good in the tent and woke up around 8:30. The kids and Derek fished some more. We explored, played soccer, hung out by the fire and enjoyed being together. We headed home on Friday afternoon. We had a great time and plan to do many more camp outs in the future!



Setting up campMe and my sweet kiddosGoing for a canoe rideFamily funBike ridingHiking and exloringHanging out



Fishing- Brooklyn getting tips from BB fishingBrooklyn with her pink fishing poleBarrett fishingB and D playing ballMaking smoresEnjoying powdered donuts for breakfastHanging out in the cliffsSwimming- they were bravePacking up to head home

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That all looks super fun! The water is really pretty. I want to go too!

Julie T said...

I'm glad you were able to fit your camping trip in over the break. Sounds so much fun!

Amy said...

That looks like so much fun! What a beautiful place to camp!

Kellee said...

GREAT pictures...you have the cutest kids!