Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Favorites


Songs:
All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey
Santa Claus is Coming to Town- Mariah Carey
Baby Its Cold Outside-Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison
A new fave-Christmas Must Be Something More- Taylor Swift
Joy To the World
Smells:
freshly cut Christmas tree
fire in the fireplace
cookies baking

Traditions:
Christmas tree-We usually pick out a real tree that has already been cut, but this year we went to a Christmas tree farm and I hope to continue that tradition
Cookies- Growing up, my siblings and I always decorated cut-out sugar cookies with my dad. I do the same with the kids . We also make a gingerbread house.
We go to the Zilker Christmas tree and Trail of Lights each year. It is fun to eat funnel cake and spin around under the tree
Looking at Christmas lights- we enjoy looking at lights in different neighborhoods


Treats:
Starbucks Gingerbread Latte and Caramel Brulee Latte
Eggnog
homemade sugar cookies with icing
peppermint bark
peanut butter balls


Movies:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Miracle On 34th Street
Home Alone
Elf

Decorations:
Ornaments- every year growing up, Derek and I both got ornaments each year. We carry on that tradition and buy the kids ornaments that reflect their interests that year.
Snowman- I collect snowman and think they are cute
Snow Village- I also collect these, but have alot less than my snowman. I like that I have pieces that have something to do with me or things I like
What are your Christmas faves?

5 comments:

CM said...

I had a huge smile on my face when I saw your Mariah Carey Christmas album cover, I love, love, love that CD! We listen to it every year. The Trail of Lights is a family favorite of ours. Last year we went to the smaller trail of lights in Marble Falls and it was great, we plan to go back this year too. Fun list!

Murrie said...

I didn't know you collected snowmen...so do I. Miss you all.

Hampers said...

Nice blog I think A Christmas Story is a must watch every year and I still laugh!! I love, love, love The Polar Express!! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

hai your blog is good i liked this.i have also some tast which is www.movie-screens.blogspot.com
visit my site

Team Dale said...

my mom rocked the snow village since the 80s so I am now becoming a proud owner of her collection! I really actually am loving them!