Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trip to Phoenix

Dinner at Pizzeria Bianco- awesome!

Derek had a conference in Phoenix last week. It ended on Wednesday and I flew there to meet him so we could have a little vacation. We had a great time. I always love spending time with Derek, talking and laughing.
I have never been to Phoenix and I loved it. Of course, it was hot, but not that much hotter than Austin. And we hung out in the pool quite a bit. Our resort had a lazy river and some waterslides. Derek had a fun time going down the water slides. I skipped that activity. There was a pool right outside our room and there was hardly anyone ever there, so it was like having our own private pool. It was so relaxing.
We ate so much good food! A friend of ours , Amy, recommended all of the places we ate at and everything was awesome. Some of the places we ate were Barrio Cafe, The Breakfast Club, Pizzeria Bianco, and City Hall. We even went to a wine bar, Kashmierz, that was really cool.
We drove around Chandler, Tempe and Scottsdale looking at homes and shops. We walked around by Arizona State University. There were some shops and bars down there, kind of like 6th Street here, and that was fun to see. We had a fun time together. It was relaxing and nice to spend some time together with out the kids. Though, we were happy to see them when we got home Saturday night. And, the kids seemed to have a great time hanging with GrandBob. He is so good with them and we appreciate him watching them so we could go hang out together.The view from our room- our courtyardDinner at City Hall. I love my awsome husband!My yummy french toast- the best I have ever hadHanging by the pool. I read almost 4 books on the trip

My hot husband!

8 comments:

Beth Hames said...

How can you read so fast?!?! My goodness...it amazes me! That french toast does look good BTW...

Sara said...

It is always nice to have time away without children. I'm looking forward to doing that again once Grant gets a little older.

4 books is pretty impressive..I always check your blog to see what you are reading to get ideas.

Raegan Brown said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I am SO ready for our trip this week. (I though it would never get here!) Let me know what you read b/c I have no books lined up and I need to grab something quickly!

Kellee said...

glad yall had a good time--i can't believe you read almost 4 books! well, i can since you're the fastest reader i know, but still that's a lot for a long weekend!

Julie T said...

Glad you had a great time in Phoenix! Chris is from Tucson, and I love visiting AZ and seeing all the desert vegetation....so different from anywhere else.

Andrea said...

Looks like fun! I'm really glad you took a picture of that french toast. It's looks worth remembering.

Whitney said...

You read 4 books? wow.

I'm glad yall had such a wonderful trip together! The picture of yall at the top of the post is great- cute shirt!

twarpula said...

Kim Rick and I are headed to the same hotel Oct. 2 (sher. wild horse pass??) it looks like it and sounds like it from the blog. So I heard there is an amazing spa there, we'll talk next time I see you so you can tell me all about it.
-Tanya