Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-08

Is anyone else out there excited for the Olympics to begin? I am looking forward to watching the opening ceremonies tonight and then for all the event watching to begin.
I remember watching the Olympics with my parents and siblings every 4 years. We were glued to our tv watching who would win the gold. I loved it! I remember watching Mary Lou Retton and the other gymnasts in the 84 Olympics. I got excited watching the track events in 88 when Carl Lewis won the gold. In 92 it was the men's basketball team. In 96 remember when Keri Shrug landed on one foot off the vault. In 2000, the swimming was awesome. In 2004, I loved watching Carly Patterson and Michael Phelps. I love hearing the national anthem wins the USA wins a gold.
So, I am excited this year to see what happens. I love the stories that you hear about and the personal triumphs that these people have overcome.
My favorite events are swimming, diving, gymnastics and track. I am also going to watch Melanie Roach, the mom from Washington, lift weights. So, cheesy as it may be, I am really looking forward to the Olympics for the next few weeks.

6 comments:

CM said...

Oh my goodness, I am such a dork about the Olympics! We love to watch them too. I'm really impressed with how far back you remember what happened at the different olympics. And, I have to admit too, that I had a bit of a crush on Michael Phelps during the last Olympics, we'll see how it goes this time around. :)

Briana said...

I love watching all of the olympics even the weird, non-mainstream sports. :) The opening ceremonies were awesome!

Meredith said...

I love the Olympics, too! I get teary-eyed everytime I hear the National Anthem. My favorite Olympics was '84. I was so into Mary Lou Retton since I was in junior high and a cheerleader. I love how the opening ceremony was on 8/08. How cool!

twarpula said...

We love them too!! Esp. the gymnastics. This time around our "big boys" are really into it. Good thing for DVR. :)

Whitney said...

I wasn't super excited about the Olympics, but after watching the Opening Ceremony- I'm hooked. I've been watching everything this wkd- volleyball (sand and mormal), gymnastics, swimming, basketball, soccer, weightlifting, cycling, EVERYTHING!

April said...

I love the Olympics! So excited that finally there is something to watch on tv too. I love all the sports, swimming and gymnastics are my favs but I will watch anything. Loved the opening ceremonies and can't wait to see more.