Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Did I miss something?

Or is it December already? I am getting used to the fact that stores put our Christmas decorations in the summer(though I refuse to buy any that early). But, what is up with the people who are getting their Christmas lights put up and turning them on? I understand getting them put up early(I'd like to have that done as a matter of fact), but really do you need to turn them on before we've even had Thanksgiving? And whats even more annoying is the light up reindeer in the yard! I mean we totally overlook Thanksgiving. It is a time to reflect and recognize all that we have to be thankful for. And, we just jump into the Christmas season on wanting and buying more and more things. And, Barrett thinks that it is time for Christmas since he is seeing all these things in the yards and at the stores. So, that's my venting. Just wanted to get it out there.

7 comments:

Anita said...

I hear ya, girl! There's a radio station here that is already playing Christmas music. I think 2 months of that is a little bit much. I think you're right. We need to focus a little harder on the least commercialized and probably the most important of all the holidays.

Leigh said...

You'd love our next-door neighbor. He keeps his icicle lights hung year-round. He hasn't turned them on yet this year, but I'm sure it won't be long now!

Whitney said...

I completely agree! Shane & I were driving somewhere yesterday and noticed that a family in the neighborbood was putting up Christmas lights already! I'm very annoyed & am almost tempted to call the homeowners association!

Kellee said...

I agree! I couldn't believe it when I saw Reindeer in the yards already. I hate that Thanksgiving always gets overlooked and that Christmas is so commercialized.

twarpula said...

I noticed that last night people were turing their lights on. Its NUTS! We like to start getting out the weekend after Thanksgiving. Plus its like 86 degrees, who could think of Christmas its basically summer here. :)
Tanya

Chesley said...

Oh my goodness we saw a house the other night covered in lights with santa in the front yard and I had to really think about the date and what month it was! I was really confused for a moment because it wasn't (at the time) even mid November. I understand about getting it all out and maybe putting up the lights. It is a lot of work but you could wait to turn them on after Thanksgiving.

Hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Dallas said...

AMEN! We were coming home from our Bible Study group Sunday night and passed a house with the Christmas light lit. I was annoyed and wanted to knock on their door and remind them that there is a wonderful holiday before we hang out stocking up.