Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some kitchen faves

I recently shared my favorite running shoes-(Asics 2100 series) and thought I'd share a few of my other favorites.  Here they are:

Cast iron skillet:
Until recently I hardly every used my cast iron skillet.  I have been using it all the time for main dishes, sides, and even a dessert.  I love it and wonder why it took me so long to use it so often.


Dutch oven

Last year I got 2 dutch ovens.  I tend to prefer the enamel coated one over the cast iron, but use them both frequently. I really like using them for cooking, especially this time of year when I make lots of soups and stews.

Rubber Spatulas
I use my rubber spatulas almost everytime I cook.  They are great for getting as much as you can out of a bowl or can.



Pyrex Measuring Bowls
I got these as a wedding present and use them often.  I use them from whisking a variety of things, like eggs.  And I use them to measure any liquid ingredients.  they also work well for heating up my coffee.

Mixing Bowls
I got these bowls at the Crate & Barrel Outlet.  I love them.  They are so handy, easy to clean and not breakable since they are melamine.  Since I have many sizes, I use one of them almost everyday!

Dish Towels
My favorite dishtowels are from Crate & Barrel.  They are great for drying my hand, drying the dishes, cleaning the kitchen after I have made a mess.  Very handy- and cheap! 

Aprons
I have a variety of aprons.  They come in very handy as I'm quite the messy cook.  I prefer the ones that tie around my neck because they keep me cleaner, but use my waist ones as well.

I'd love to hear what some of your kitchen faves are!

0 comments: