Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Honoring my Dad


We went to Houston a few weeks ago to a dinner where my dad was being honored.  He does alot of work that goes unnoticed and he doesn't like to draw attention to himself for honors he gets.  But, I am proud of my dad.  One of the thing he has always been passionate about is helping kids, especially victims of abuse or victims of other crimes. He was honored at a dinner for his work regarding victims of child trafficking in America. So, we went to the dinner, auction and concert in the theater district in Houston.   
We sat front and center at the dinner.  We were there at the table with my parent, my grandparents and some longtime family friends.  It was a fun night and really cool to see my dad honored in this way.
Mom and Dad
Derek and me
Dad and my grandparents

Dad saying a few words
After the dinner and auction, we saw a concert by Randy Travis.  He was very personable and funny.  I knew some of his songs.  He's really country, but my mom and grandpa totally loved it!!We even got to go backstage and meet him!  It was a really fun night and I am so proud of my dad and glad we could be there.

0 comments: