Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I love looking for new recipes, whether its on the internet, in magazines or in cookbooks. Derek often wonders about recipes that we had in the past, that we both like, but never have again because I want to try new one out instead. I have some standbys that I make alot, and then I try to throw in new ones as well. I really enjoy cooking and baking. I have some cookbooks and websites that are my "go to" places, but am always on the look out for new ones. Friends and family are often my favorite source of recipes but I also look around at other places too.
Here are some of my favorites:

Classic dishes, desserts and casseroles- Kingwood C of C cookbook, Memorial Cof C cookbook, Northland cookbook( really any church cookbook probably has the same recipes, all ones that we grew up with, I just like these because I know alot of people who contributed)

Quick and Easy- Rachael Ray Classic 30 Minute Meals, Better Homes and Garden Cookbook,

More Challenging/Gourmet-The Pastry Queen

Lots of different meals types- Southern Living book of recipes(they make one each year that has all of the recipes from the magazine), Food Network cookbook, Rachael Ray

Baking-The Pastry Queen,

Internet- myrecipes.com, allrecipes.com(4 or 5 stars), razzledazzlerecipes.com, paula deen




Please share with me your faves so I can check them out. As I mentioned, I am always looking for new things to try.

4 comments:

CM said...

I usually have really good luck on BettyCrocker.com. Most of the recipes have pictures with them so you can tell what it's supposed to look like, and I don't think I've had anything from there that I don't like. When we got married my sister made me a scrapbook/cookbook with recipes from our neighbors, friends, and family that I love and use alot as well. You are always welcome to look through that for recipe ideas, lots of yummy ones!

CM said...

Oh, and one of my friends uses Recipe Zaar and gets a lot of recipes from there.

Whitney said...

This is great info- thanks so much for posting it! I always get into such a rut & am always looking for new recipes!

Leigh said...

Do you read The Pioneer Woman's blog? She has a cooking section with some AMAZING recipes.