Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update

Right when Barrett was born, Derek started working at home and has been working at home ever since. We get to see alot of each other. He is around in the day and we get to chat, eat lunch together. We love it. When Brooklyn naps, B and I can go fun places, go for a walk, go outside or run errands. I have alot of freedom with him working at home. The kids love to see him and play with him throughout the day. I love that! The kids don't understand what an office is, except the one in our home. Derek always took the kids to preschool. He also gets to sleep in a little later, which he likes! He's here unless he is travelling or has to go to a meeting. Well, he is officially back to the office. We are really going to miss seeing him at different times in the day. It is going to be a big change for us all. The kids didn't even get to see him this morning! We'll have to meet for lunch and find ways to see him in the day.
Its a good thing the place we are moving to is so close to his office. Yes, I said moving. Still staying in Austin. For those who don't know, we sold our house and close on it next Friday. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the closing. And, we are going to be leasing a condo/duplex for a year or so. And it is just a few minutes from Derek's office, so that will be nice. It is a little crazy now with trying to pack, get ready for a garage sale, and keep the kids entertained. Barrett will go to a different kinder than we thought, so we are also going to go and see his new school and get him all signed up. The kids are being really great with the idea of moving and are being helpful packers.
On another note- Derek and I just took a vacation to Puerto Rico last week. It was awesome and we had a wonderful time. Puerto Rico is beautiful. I'll get the pictures up soon and post about our trip then. The kids had a great time in Houston with my parents and got to hang out with their cousins. It was a fun week for us all.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, that's a tuff change. You guys will be great though :-) Plus you never know what's around the corner!!! Kim, your days are going to be VERY GIRLIE till your school man returns home ;-) Fun changes...sounds like you all are handling them well!

Robyn said...

I didn't realize Derek had been working at home. Ayric does too and my kids feel the same way. Brooke told someone one time that her Daddy just has meetings in the backyard (sounds great-huh?) they probably thought he was a drug dealer! But his office is a separate building out back. I hope you have a good move and the kids adjust well-

Jessica said...

Wow, thank goodness for blogs. I had know idea of the big changes in your lives. Congrats on the sale of your home!

Murrie said...

All very big news. I am glad you sold your house, that can be a big stress. I am sure you will miss Derek a ton, I am sorry. It is nice when there is another adult at home. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Whitney said...

I know what you mean- shane works from home (but he is still away from the house a lot- at customer sites, etc.) But it has been so nice having him around for all of the reasons that you mentioned in your post! I'm sorry that is changing for you guys, and I hope the transition goes smooth. That's great news that your house sold! Praying that the stress of a move is minimal :)

JessBless said...

Kim, I do hope that everything can go as smooth as possible in your move. I will say a quick prayer right now for you because I know moving can be physically and emotionaly draining.