Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, March 16, 2009

No, its pink, Mom!

Last night Barrett was rattling off additon facts to Derek and I. It went something like this...
B: 1 + 1 makes 2
2+0 and you still only have 2
5+1 makes 6
2+2 and you have 4
etc...
And the teacher in me wanted to makes sure he really understood what he was saying, so we got out some candy and were moving them to help him understand what adding means.
And, of course Brooklyn wanted to get involved too. So, we had 1 piece of candy and added another...
me: So how many pieces of candy do you have if we have one and get one more
Brooklyn(with a big grin): pink
me:no, how many pieces of candy are on the table?
Brooklyn: it's pink
me: not the color, how much candy?
Brooklyn: its pink mom
me: no, if you have 1 candy and get one more, you have 2 pieces of candy now
Brooklyn: No, its pink mom, not 2!
I guess, she still has a few more years before she is ready for addition.

0 comments: