Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Surgery Day

Barrett got his adenoids and tonsils taken out yesterday morning. We dropped Brooklyn off at The Walker's a little after 6:00 am (thanks ya'll so much!)and then headed to the surgery center. Barrett's surgery was scheduled for 7:30. Barrett got in his gown and headed down the the OR in a wagon for his surgery to take place. It was right on time. And it went very well. Thanks for all the prayers for our little guy and for the doctors/nurses who were taking care of him. We went over the the Children's Hospital to stay the day and night so that they could monitor his breathing. It was so nice and there were so many things for the kids to do. Everyone was so sweet to Barrett. We came home today and will probably be at home taking it easy most of the week. Barrett is still in lots of pain and the recovery time is about 2 weeks. He was really glad to be rid of his IV! Hopefully we will start to feel better and want to eat all the Popsicles, ice cream, milkshakes, juices he wants. And hopefully he will be able to sleep better at night, not snore, have less allergies, and eat better now that he is tonsil free.
B and Derek in the waiting roomBarrett dressed in his hospital gown and ready to goWaking up after surgery- all tonsil free!Hanging out in the hospital bed watching a movieBrooklyn visiting Barrett. She liked his movable bed

Barrett playing in the hospital playroom. It had many cool toys and things to do

Barrett after his night in the hospital. Clifford slept with him and kept him company

Brooklyn and Derek came to pick us up. They liked looking at the balls drop as we were leaving

Ready to go home!

7 comments:

Anita said...

Oh Kim-I hate that y'all had to do that. It's so hard to see your baby in that situation. I hope the recovery goes well. I know it's a hard one. I had 2 kids at school go through it this year. We'll be praying for Barrett and you and Derek.

simply fabulous said...

Yea Barrett! You are such a big boy and I am proud of you for being so brave! I am glad everything went well.

Sara said...

What a trooper! Hope the recovery is smooth and quick.

JessBless said...

It's great that everything went so well! Praise God for a smooth process. I really hope that the pain starts to go away fast and that Barrett can just enjoy the benefits of the surgery.

TriSara said...

Let us know if the surgery helps; Soren has those same issues and I would be interested to hear how things change. Hope Barrett bounces back in a flash!

Whitney said...

I'm glad that procedure went well- looks like he's recovering quickly! I can't imagine how hard it would be to see your little one in that situation...I was bawling when Austin got his first shots a few weeks ago!

Whitney said...

Love the new look of your blog too! When I was re-doing mine, I remember seeing this one and really liking it!