Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Reading Challenge


I am going to participate in a Spring Reading Challenge. I saw this on a blog(yes, of someone I don't know) and thought it would be fun to list the books I am planning on reading in the next few months. I love reading and am looking forward to reading some books that are different from my usual reads and some that are just plain entertaining. The reading challenge lasts from March 20 through June 19. Here they are!

Fiction:
Swapping Lives by Jane Green
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs

Nonfiction:
Blue Like Jazz:Nonreligious Thoughts of Christianity by Donald Miller
Real Money by Jim Cramer
Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay

Plus I will read books for Book Club for the months of May and June(not yet determined).
Here you can find out about the Reading Challenge if you are interested and want to see what others are reading!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult. Hope you do too!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I like the Love & Logic series and always take away something helpful from their books. Also, I've heard Pillars of the Earth is great, but its length is intimidating! I probably need to just make myself start it and then I'm sure I'd be drawn right in. Thanks for being part of SRT '08!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your reading and Spring!

Lindsay said...

We are both reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet this Spring. Good luck and have fun reading :-)

Summer said...

The Other Bolyen Girl is a great book. Thanks for the reading idea!
Summer Dale.
www.dalegirls.blogspot.com

Kim said...

I am thinking I am going to have t0 read The Other Boleyn Girl. It appears to be a very popular book and now with the movie coming out it will get even more popular. From what my daughter has said, Blue Like Jazz was good too.
Great list!
*smiles*
Kim
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/

Deena Peterson said...

Great variety! I look forward to your thoughts!

Susanne said...

Our ladies group is studying "bad Girl's". We're really enjoying it!

Happy reading.

Kim P. said...

Nice list =) I have to warn you, the Other Boleyn Girl is really well written and engaging but has some pretty disturbing parts. Don't read it right before bed if you have lots of dreams or they might end up pretty weird!

Nise' said...

Great iist. I am going to put Pillars on my summer reading list. Will look forward to reviews on it. Happy Reading.

Marbel said...

I just finished Suite Francaise and thought it was just wonderful. Hope you enjoy it.

Casey said...

I read the Other Boleyn Girl, it's an awesome book!