Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend. On Friday after playing at the park with the kids, I headed to Dallas for Kara's baby shower. I talked on the phone for most of the way so it made m trip go fast. And thank goodness for my IPOD car adapter so I could just jam to my music and not be changing channels the whole time. My mom arrived soon after I did and then we headed to Teppo to eat. This was my first attempt to eat sushi. And let me tell you, I really liked it. I liked the salmon and tuna best. But, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Of course, one of the pieces I picked up had a hair on it, so we got free dessert. It is kindof a joke in my family that those kinds of things happen to me and I am the one that gets worked up about it the most. (There is a infamous story of hair in food at the Kettle in Abilene(remember that Anita?). Anyways, I enjoyed the food and look forward to trying it again soon. Kellee and I also surprised my mom by telling her that we were taking her to the beach in Mexico for her 60th birthday in July. We have shocked and we are looking forward to a fun time this summer.

Mom after we told her about the tripOn Saturday, we went to the Original Pancake House for a yummy breakfast(if you can't tell, we love to eat in our family). We then, ran some errands for the shower and got all ready for Kara's shower. It was a fun time catching up with old friends and family. I am excited to meet Kara's little boy to be born soon.

Me, Kara, Mom and Kellee before the showerAfter the shower, we cleaned up and then headed back to Austin. Kara and I talked on the phone until Waco so the time went by quickly. Derek and the kids were coming home from a dinner at the church, so they were still awake when I got home. I as happy to see everyone.On Sunday, we took the morning easy and then went to lunch at Jo's on South Congress. it was fun to eat outside, even though it was a little windy. We also walked through the courtyard at the San Jose Hotel. It is so pretty and Brooklyn enjoyed looking at the fish.


Lunch at Jo'sLooking in the pondAfter lunch, we headed to Zilker Park to go to the Kite Festival. Barrett has been so excited about this all week. It was a little cloudy, but great because it was so windy. The kids had a blast and Derek and I did too. It was fun to fly the kite and try to get it really high, though I did get it stuck in a tree once. It was relaxing and fun to all hang out together and do something we could all enjoy.


Brooklyn and Derek walking up the hill to all the kiteflying actionBarrett ready to fly his Spiderman kite!Look at that face- pure joy!Mommy got it stuck in the treeThe kids having funThe boysBarrett having fun flying the kiteBrooklyn looking up at all the cool kitesBarrett and Derek flying the kiteBrooklyn getting a turn to fly the kite



We finished the afternoon off by getting drinks at Thom's and then all taking naps once we got home. It was a fun time for us all.


Drinking juice after all the kite flying


8 comments:

Anita said...

I was totally thinking about the Kettle incident before I even read that sentence!!! Too funny!

I wanted to come to the shower so bad, but it just didn't work out. Sure do miss all of you.

Kellee said...

Oh the Kettle incident...hilarious!! Great seeing you and thanks for all your help with the shower. Thanks funny you and Kara talked the whole way to Waco!

Your kiddos are getting so BIG! Can't wait to see all of you in a few weekends.

Dallas said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. I wanted to let you know that I fixed the vodka cream pasta recipe this past weekend. It was a hit! Definitely a repeater!!! Thanks!

Whitney said...

What a fun weekend with your family- aren't baby showers so much fun???

I also love what yall did for your mom's big birthday- that's so sweet!

Andrea said...

You're going to have to tell me about the Kettle incident. Sounds like a fun time in Dallas!

TriSara said...

Now that sounds like a GREAT weekend! Keep up updated on Kara!

CM said...

Admittedly, I am a beach lover, but I really do think that is a super great gift you are getting your mom!

We were at the kite festival too - it was the windiest day I can remember, how perfect for flying kites!

I'm glad you had a fun family day - it's fun to do.

Beth Hames said...

I can't believe you've never tried sushi!! Mat and I love it and always go out for sushi on our date nights. I recommend Uchi, but it's not cheap. We have also been known to buy sushi at the little kiosk thing in the mall and sneak it into the movie theater if there's no time for dinner on the date. Anyway, sounds like a fun weekend. Thanks for sharing all the pics...