Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day. It is such a fun day. I totally remember being a kid and picking out my Valentine's cards and deciding which message on the Valentine would go to who. And then we always decorated shoeboxes to put our Valentine's in. Fun memories. Before having kids, Derek and I rotated each year between going out(my choice) and eating in(Derek's choice). Since kids it is a special time for our family to hang out on Valentine's and eat together. This year we ate spaghetti and meatballs and then started a new traditon. We had chocolate fondue(I got this idea from Andrea). It was a HUGE hit. The kids loved it and so did Derek and I. It was fun to just hang out as a family and talk and of course dip chocolate into all sorts of goodies.

9 comments:

Anita said...

I'll have to remember that for next year. My kids would love that!

twarpula said...

Yummers!! Looks like a great time.

Whitney said...

That looks like fun- I wish I'd been at your house for Valentine's Day b/c I LOVE fondue! And very cute how you picked things that were pink/red!

I love getting ideas for great traditions around the holidays! One of my friends let her 5 yr old plan their V-Day dinner menu- they had pink pancakes, red apples, strawberries, red grapes, red jello, and pink cupcakes. So it might not have been the healthiest of meals, but the kids LOVED it!

Julie Walker said...

That looks like so much fun. That is a great tradition to start. I love the messy face pictures!

TriSara said...

How fun! What a great Valentine's tradition! I love 'eating' pictures.

Kellee said...

Those pictures are too cute of the kids with chocolate all over their face! Glad yall had a fun day together.

jonna said...

How could dipping things in chocolate not be a hit? Super fun!

Andrea said...

They look so cute with their chocolate lips!

CM said...

What a perfect Valentines tradition! (It's centered around chocolate, what could not be perfect about that?!!?)