Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Our dog, Jett, passed away last week.  It was very sudden.  He wouldn't walk on Wednesday and died on Thursday.  He had a huge tumor in his intestines.  So, anyways, it was a hard week here at our house.
We got Jett 9 years ago.  Derek researched the specific kind of hunting dog he wanted and found Jett in North Dakota.  He was trained for bird hunting and Derek and Jett spend many hours hunting together through the years.
The kids really loved Jett and enjoyed throwing the ball and chasing him. We also took Jett on lots of hikes along the greenbelt.  He would run off and liked scaring everyone by going up these tall cliffs.  He loved running and exploring. Derek buried Jett and we made a memorial for him.  The kids said sweet things about Jett.







We will all miss Jett.

3 comments:

Kara Poe Alexander said...

Oh, Kim. I'm so sorry. I know how important Jett was to you, Derek, and the kids. What a sad time for your family.

Elizabeth just told me she wanted to call Brooklyn and tell her she was sorry.

We're thinking about you during this time. Love you!

Rebekah said...

So sorry. It is so hard to lose a pet you love so much.

Julie T said...

That makes me so sad to hear. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Dogs become such a special part of our lives, and it's really hard to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you all.