Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Our DC Visit- day 1

We took a family vacation in the end of Septmember to go to Washington DC.  We had a great time!  The kids were great and we got to spend lots of time with my dad. We woke up very early on Tuesday and headed for the airport.

.  We arrived in DC around 11 and took a cab to our condo.  We stayed in a cute little row house that was divided into a few condos in the U Street/Adams Morgan area of DC.  We unloaded and headed out to eat some lunch.  The place we were headed to was blocked off because there had been a shooting, so we hopped in a cab and headed over to the Capital Hill area of town.

We grabbed a quick lunch and then went to look at the memorials and the Washington Monument.  Barrett wanted to race me from the WWII Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial, so we were both tired when we got there(and Barrett beat me!)








 We met my dad and got a tour of the Washington Monument.  It was fun to go up to the top and look around at the city.


 Then we headed over to the Capital(all in dad's jeep) and went to watch him debate a bill.  Derek, Brooklyn and I sat in the gallery, but Barrett got to go down and be on the house floor with my dad. Things kept getting off schedule and after and hour or so, it was my dads turn to talk.  It had been a long day, and when Barrett finally sat down and settled, he got really tired.  And, well this is what happened.

Barrett on the house floor

I was in the gallery watching and I was mortified!  We knew he would be on tv and since the video got out, he's been on a few other shows.  Its funny now, the poor kid was just tired, but at least he was trying to stay awake.
After we left the Capital, we went to dinner at Good Stuff Eatery, owned by Spike from Top Chef. The food was good- burgers, fries and shakes. Yum!! It was time to head back to our place and get some rest.
Day 2 coming soon...

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow! What a busy day you had. Looks like your family had a lot of fun. The video of Barrett is hilarious...something he will definitely be embarrassed by when he is older. :-)

The Houston's said...

I am laughing so hard at Barrett falling asleep!! That is priceless!