Me and My hubby

My boy

My Princess

Followers

Monday, November 16, 2009

San Antonio



















This weekend we went to San Antonio. Derek and I ran in the Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon. We enjoyed seeing the Alamo and walking along the Riverwalk . Barrett loved the Alamo the most. He thought it was cool to learn about the battle and hear about William Barret Travis(where we got his name from). He also liked seeing all of the guns, bullets and knives. We ate some yummy Mexican food for lunch on the River Walk and enjoyed seeing the sights of San Antonio. We met up with Bob, Derek's dad, and went to the Alamodome to get our race stuff. We stayed with Derek's aunt Shirley and the kids enjoyed getting know her. After a big pasta dinner on Saturday night, we got a game plan for race day. Derek and I had a fun race. I had been having shin problems for a few weeks, but I got a brace(real cute) and it helped out during the run. There were lots of fans to cheer us on, so it was very motivating. It was nice weather for the run and an enjoyable day for us all. Thanks GrandBob and Shirley for watching the kids while we ran and Shirley for letting us stay with you.

2 comments:

simply fabulous said...

Glad you guy's had fun! I was thinking about you during the race!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the accomplishment! And very cool layout.